Here to Help
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT DO I WEAR TO DANCE CLASS?
Regardless of age must wear either a black, royal blue or grey leotard for all classes. This includes Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, and Tumbling Classes. Dancers attending Ballet classes must be in pink tights without holes or rips. Dancers attending Jazz, Tap, Lyrical and Tumbling Classes must wear tan convertible tights. A pair of black or grey dance shorts maybe worn for all classes except Ballet. Hair must be secured back off the face in a bun for all dance classes at In Motion Dance Project, except Hip Hop.
Male Dancers: Regardless of age must wear either a black or white t-shirt with black or grey shorts or dance pants for all classes. This includes Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Lyrical.
Female Dancers Age 3-4: In addition to the leotard colors listed above, may also wear either a pink, black, purple or light blue skirted leotard. Please have hair off face as much as possible.
WHAT SHOES DO I WEAR FOR DANCE CLASS?
Female Dancers: Combo classes - Pink Ballet & Tan Buckle Tap; Ballet - Pink leather split sole shoe; Jazz - Tan slip-on shoe; Lyrical - Dance paws; Tap (ages 5-6) - Tan Buckle Tap; Tap (ages 7 & up) - Black tie tap; Hip hop - Sneakers.
Male Dancers: Combo classes - Black Ballet & Black Lace Tap; Ballet - Black leather split sole shoe; Jazz - Black slip-on shoe; Lyrical - Dance paws; Tap - Black tie tap; Hip hop - Sneakers.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT THE REVUE?
We are very pleased with the hard work and dedication your children have shown and are so excited for our annual dance Revues to showcase your children’s dance and acro progress. There is a possibility that your child could be asked to participate in multiple days and unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate requests for specific show dates.
We offer Photo Days at IMDP. The tentative dates for Photo Days will be in May. A schedule and signup sheets will be posted sometime during the month of April.
Always remember this special day is all about celebrating your children and their accomplishments in dance this year. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are looking forward to another great show!
General Guidelines for the Revue
• Arrive on time. We ask that all dancers arrive to the venue (TBD) dressed and ready for their first number, hair done and make-up on. All dancers must arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the show; IMDP company members must arrive no later than 1 hour prior to the start of the show.
• For organization and safety reasons, all dancers must be signed in at the door of the auditorium, and must remain backstage until the end of the performance. Please remember only authorized backstage help is allowed in the dressing rooms and backstage during the performance. If there are any special instructions regarding your child, such as medication they need to take, have been sick the week of the show, are asthmatic, etc. please notify the backstage moms upon arrival. We assure that dancers will be taken care of and kept busy! If for some reason there is an emergency backstage, parents will surely be contacted. At the end of the Revue, parents (or those otherwise designated) will sign out/pick up their dancers backstage.
• Dancers do not require a ticket to the Revue. Revue tickets may be purchased from the IMDP office 3 weeks prior to the show date. All tickets are General Admission. Doors will open 20 mins prior to show time.
• Please NO cameras of any kind at the Revue. There will be Revue DVD’s and Photos available for purchase. You may take as many photos as you would like during our end of show. Flash photography is a safety hazard to our dancers, and any photography — video or still — can be very distracting. Kindly keep your cameras and video cameras in your bags while the show is in progress.
• Make sure you have everything you need, and that your child’s name is in everything! If your child has numerous changes, and they are quick, we suggest bringing a small laundry basket with your child’s name on it to put costumes that have already been worn. This way you know that everything is placed in the basket instead of the floor!
MAY I HAVE INFORMATION ON RENTING STUDIO SPACE?
IMDP rents out studio spaces when available.
20x39: Please contact for more information.
20x50: Please contact for more information.
20x60: Please contact for more information.
40x49: Please contact for more information.
Each studio is air-conditioned and equipped with mirrors, Marley sprung floors, and state-of-the-art stereo systems in each dance studio with CD (includes pitch control), iPod auxiliary connections, and wi-fi access.
Call 321.206.9717 or email email@example.com for more information.